Demo Content Import
The Setup Wizard
The theme comes with a setup wizard making it really easy to install the plugins coming with it and import the demo content in two simple steps. As soon as the theme is activated, the setup wizard will start automatically.
This is what you should be seeing on your screen:
Setup Wizard Step 1: Server Requirements
Setup Wizard Step 2: Install Child Theme
Setup Wizard Step 3: Install Plugins
The following plugins are required by the theme’s demo imported, so it can import dummy content in the next step.
Setup Wizard Step 4: Import Content
The importer will help you start with the pre-built layouts from the demo and dummy content such as product pages, blog posts and widgets. In case you're using the theme on an existing site you may not want to import the demo content. In that case, simply skip this step.
You can start working on your site now
Good luck with your project!
Alternative Importing Method
If the one click demo import does not complete or takes too long, you most likely have a memory limit on your server as explained above. Here is another method to try.
- Go to Tools -> Import
- Choose “WordPress” from the list.
- Upload the demo content .xml using the form provided on that page. The xml file can be found in the theme folder in /Demo Content/fashion
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so click on the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- If the import does not fully complete, repeat these steps again as many times as necessary until you receive the Success message.